Joker Poker is a casino game with poker cards based on the design of machines that are similar to slots. The player receives 5 cards. They can hold the ones he/she wants to hit the second round of cards and try to get the typical Poker combinations. Joker Poker is a colorful variation of a popular card game that anyone can enjoy. It’s an ideal choice for people who are fond of simplicity and minimalism. The rules are easy to grasp. For both beginners and more experienced players, they can have a good time with this game.
1. Meaning of Joker Poker
It was around the year 1863, jokers are included in card packs first in America. However, they reached late in England and other European countries. Card decks don’t have jokers or any other cards equivalent to it in the Indian Ganjifa cards or the Chinese Dominoes in the earlier eastern card decks. An extra card can be found with a pattern of a demon in several Japanese decks, but it is quite different than Jokers. There are two meanings in the game of poker. One is the slang for a pair of jacks and the other is as a wild card.
a. Jokers have a nickname for a pair of jacks
The first meaning of jokers is a slang term for a pair of jacks in Texas Hold’em. If you have two jacks in the hole, you might say you “have jokers.” It is one of many colorful nicknames given to different pairs and hole-card combinations. Other terms used are Fishhooks or Hooks. This refers to the letter J shape, and also how an inexperienced player or “fish” can get excited, and eventually overplay one pair of jacks. The joker cards are not used in Texas Hold’em poker, except perhaps at friendly home games. Therefore, any reference to jokers you hear while playing Texas Hold’em at a card room, casino, or tournament is likely to be referring to a pair of jacks. liveabout.com
b. Jokers refer to wild cards in poker
The most common meaning of a joker is a wild card in poker. There are often two extra joker cards included in a deck of cards. These cards have no suit, and they traditionally feature a character dressed as a court jester or clown. When a player draws a wild card, they can designate it to stand for any card of their choice. It adds a random element to games and affects the odds.
In casino poker games or poker tournaments, wild cards are not generally and used in home games or online games. A bug is similar to a wild card, but it stands for an ace except when it can complete a straight or flush. Some machines use Joker Poker and include it as a wild card. Consequently, they will adjust odds and payouts. A Joker can indeed boost a fun element in the game, but the house will still win in the long run. Jokers can also be featured in some extra wheel spins and play on the machine. This is great for more bonuses, prizes, and chances. Video poker is amazing because it is not only a game of skill, it is also a game of chance. However, all players need to adjust the odds mentally when the game includes a joker.
Around the time of the American Civil War, the introduction to card decks is the joker cards. It acts as trump cards in the game of Euchre. Around 1875, the game of poker adopted the joker as a wild card. They have been a standard part of American playing card decks since the 1940s. gumshoepictures.com
2. How to play Joker Poker
It uses 53 card decks, all regular cards 2-A plus one joker, and therefore this is one of the few games where you can get a five-of-a-kind hand. If you want to play this game, stick to the following rules:
- Either choose an online casino from the top list on the page or sign in to your regular online casino account.
- Select a payment method that is available in your region and add however much you wish.
- Select the Joker Poker video poker game at the online casino you’re playing at.
- Choose an amount to wager on the first round that you play on Joker Poker.
- Look for the ‘deal cards’ button on the screen and click on it to start the first round of the game. Five cards will appear on the screen, selected at random from the 53 standard decks of cards.
- Look at the five cards in front of you and determine if you want to discard any cards to improve your hand, or leave it as is if you have a strong hand. Use the strategy table in this article to help you.
- If you have a weak hand, choose the cards you want to discard and then click on the ‘deal cards’ button once more to get the new replacement cards.
- Now you have all your cards you will either win a payout if you have a winning poker hand or lose your money. You need a pair of Kings or better to receive a payout.
- If you want to play around further click on the same ‘deal cards’ button again to receive five new cards.
3. Joker Poker Tips
- You have 2 different versions of Jokers Wild. Kings or Better and Two Pairs or Better. Kings or Better has the best odds so you should play that one.
- Play Maximum Coins – The payout for five coins played is far greater than five times the payout for playing only one coin and is the way to play to maximize your winnings.
- Play at Machines that Offer a Full Pay Schedule – The full house pay schedule for jokers wild is a 7 / 5 machine – full houses are paid by 7 coins and 5 for the flush.
4. Joker Poker Strategy
a. How to play your cards if you didn’t get a Joker card:
- Discard the remaining two cards if you receive three cards to a straight, flush, straight flush, or royal flush
- Discard the 5th card if you are ever dealt four cards to a straight, flush, straight flush, or a royal flush.
- If you get three of a kind, go ahead and discard the other two cards.
- If you get four of a kind, go ahead and discard the 5th
- Discard the 5th card if you receive two pairs so that you have a chance to land a full house.
- Discard the remaining three cards if you ever receive two cards to a royal flush, two cards to a straight flush, or a pair.
- In all other cases, the player must discard all five cards.
b. How to play your cards if you get a Joker card:
- Discard just one of the cards if they are not a part of any of these combinations – four cards to a flush, four cards to a straight flush, four cards to a straight, four of a kind, and four cards to a royal flush.
- Discard two cards that do not make up one of these hand combinations – straight flush or three of a kind.
- In all other cases, the player must keep the joker and discard the remaining four cards.